...is in the St. Pete Times! That's kind of odd... considering we're the "Underground" and all... but the article is really more about the lifestyle and beliefs of Brian, the guy who started the Underground. Awkward, because I know Brian really doesn't want public attention, since that risks an inflated ego developing, resulting in him relying more on his abilities and charisma than on Jesus. Honestly, he's said that before.
Precautions aside, though, it was cool to read about people I know-- for instance, they quoted Jeremy, one of the InterVarsity staff members at USF. I know Natalya and her garden as well. The slideshow was a nice touch too; Brian's kids are adorable. The writer's style made it all come off as sounding a little more extreme than it really is, I think, but whatever. That's what journalists do, sensationalize things.
Anyway. Wanna meet my community?? :)
Article:
http://www.tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/article635737.ece
Slideshow:
http://www.tampabay.com/specials/2008/audio_slideshows/underground/
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that was a pretty amazing story. i think the idea of living in christian community is especially profitable for young people. i remember reading one of donald miller's books and thinking about that very concept. it's cool the Times picked up on this.
I agree, I was pretty surprised that the Times would choose do do a story like that... cool though. I wonder how the Times even heard about the Sanders family??
Post a Comment