Friday, December 5, 2008

Short and Sweet

Sorry for the lapse in updates-- I blame finals. Yeah. That word pretty much sums it up.

A couple bits of news:
  • I have just today learned of an AmeriCorps opportunity with a school in the Ybor area. They sound amazing, and I'm definitely gonna research them more. Check out this article about the school... it's worth your time! The school is quite unique, and reading about it just excites me. :)
  • Theresa and I created a dessert: Chocolate Chips-n-Dip. It was decent, but could stand some improvement. Basically, chocolate chip cookies crumbled in chocolate pudding. It probably would have been better if we had whole milk on hand to make the pudding... On a side note, I made grits for the first time in my life, and absolutely ruined them. Haha. They were so salty they burned my throat... I think they got saltier and saltier as they thickened though, cause when I first tasted them, they weren't bad at all!!
  • Biggest news of all: I may have the opportunity to go back to MEXICO CITY this summer!! Oh my gosh. I am so so so excited for this, and I hope and pray I will be able to go.
Basically, IV has created a second Mexico trip specifically for the Tampa Bay area schools, and it will be combined with a week-long (I think) JJP conference upon return. So it's a combo trip. The whole thing will last from May 28 to June 23. Seriously... seriously. I had no clue this was in the works. None of us did. It was a total surprise. It almost feels like a Christmas present!

Jeremy told us at leadership today, and everyone was excited to hear it, but everyone who had gone before was positively ecstatic. Specifically, me and Kim were FREAKING out!! Across the room, she looked at me and was like "Robin... ROBIN!! AAAAHH!!" and then we did happy dances, and I squealed, and then I was bouncing for like 2 hours afterwards!! And Jeremy is gonna go too, which will be really cool, and he might bring one of his daughters, and Stacy I'm guessing will be there, and OH MY GOSH I might get to go back to Mexico!! This is still sinking in. I will, of course, pray about it... but just the thought of going back sends little jolts of excitement through my body. I need to work on my Spanish speaking/listening skills!! Oh, I hope this works out! Please, please God, please take me back to Mexico this summer!!

That's all for now. Not quite as short as I had thought. But that's okay. :)

No comments: