Saturday, May 3, 2008

2 parties, 1 day... must be graduation season!!

So today was fun... parties are nice. I'm gonna miss all the graduates tho... *sigh* ah well, one of the things I've gotten better at since coming to college is dealing with change. I mean, come on, I've moved AT LEAST once a year for the past 3 years... I lived in the same house my ENTIRE life, and then during the past three years I have lived in 5 different places. Meanwhile, apart from a core group of friends, people in my life come and go every semester. It can get hectic, but InterVarsity has been a nice bit of stability in all that insanity. Now some of the IV people are leaving too, though. However, I've learned that though things change, life still goes on... never exactly the same as before, but still just as wonderful.

Today was really fun though. First was Tianay's party in the afternoon at Lettuce Lake Park, which is actually a pretty cool place. I've never been there, even though it's just down the street from USF. But there's these nifty boardwalk paths that go all through the swampy area and everything, it's pretty cool. We all saw some alligators, ate some delicious food, and had a good time just hanging out with each other.

Then after a quick trip to Target and a stop back at home, we were off to Lauren's party! It was pretty sweet, we had an awesome dance party at the Telford House. Trina had her iPod hooked up to the TV's sound system, and we were breakin' it down to some old school awesomeness (my favorite might have been "Creep" by TLC... haha!). It was a really good time, I was dancing (and sweating) sooooo much, lol. We opened the windows and the front door, and you could hear the music playing and bass thumping aaaaalll down 22nd Ave. Good times. :)

I left kinda early though 'cause my stomach is really hurting for some reason. I dunno. I still need to pack, but the thought of standing right now is not fun. I can't really stand up straight at the moment. Maybe I can pack sitting down or something... it would be nice to get it over with so I can sleep in a little...

Anyway. We leave for Chapter Camp from the MC parking lot at 8:30 in the a.m. tomorrow, and I'll be up on a mountain in Jasper, GA until Friday night. Have a wonderful week, and hopefully I will do the same!! Peace.

No comments: